Here was the room empty...dingy walls, awful light fixture. Needed a little sprucing. Bill and Sandy (Mark's sweet daddy and stepmum) came up the weekend we moved in and did TONS of painting. They were the painting pair! Sandy would cut in and Bill would be right behind her to roll. They were AWESOME! Mom and dad came up, too, but Dad's too impatient to paint an I had mom helping me unpack, keep sane, etc. :)
So post-spruce... Really awesome wall color. New creamy color under the chair rail. Everything looks great! We eventually want to do some trim work underneath the chair rail, but that's for later. We have lots of those "that's for later" projects. Gotta prioritize! We replaced the switchplate covers, too. It's really amazing how little things like that really make a difference. Other than new paint, new switchplate covers and a new light fixture, this room really didn't require too much!
Here was our fun find for this room. If any of y'all know me at all, you know I love a good bargain. I got this light fixture at a garage sale in the neighborhood. It had great lines, but it was brass. I don't do brass. So...leave it to me and mom to get a few cans of spray paint and wa-la! Looks pretty good if I do say so myself! Still need to find some new shades... something with some fun beaded trim or something to jazz it up...

Here's mom's contribution to the room. She found this mirror at an estate sale for CHEAP. I like it in the room...adds a neat vintage look. We needed something for this wall and so when mom brought it up to see if I like it...that's where it ended up! :)
Make-shift buffet. I had the buffet and mirror in the foyer of the old house. I needed some more furniture in the dining room of this house, though, and there wasn't a good spot for it in the foyer, so it was the perfect size and piece.
And here' s view of the front wall of the dining room. I loved the arched windows. That's one fo the things that really stood out when we were looking at the house. We had to get over the cluttered, dated, not-our-styleness of the house when we looked at it. As I told Erin over and over when I showed her pictures of the house...it's got good bones!
I got the cool painting at the Buy for Rise sale here in town. Awesome sale that I made mom come up for this year. I think she'll agree, it was worth the drive to T-Town.
So, that's the before and after of the dining room. I'm a little partial to the after. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment